We are given a chance to interview one of customer, a half Malaysian who is married to a Londoner and has been living in London for nearly 8 years. Her name is Nurul Sofia Ain Matsumotto.
This is our second interview with #MuslimAroundTheWorldGlobal and we got two information from her that we believe we should be sharing here.
Please tell us a little bit about yourself:
I have been living in London for nearly 8 years, whereby I completed my BSc and MSc.
Are you originally from Asia (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh) or any parts of the world.
I am originally from Malaysia (half Malaysian).
How do you lead your life as a Muslim there? Is it easy for you to perform your prayers anywhere you go?
I find it easy to live my life as Muslim in UK, because even in the major grocery stores (eg Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrison) have a halal meat section. There are also many Malaysian restaurant (mainly in Paddington, Notting Hill, and Acton if I miss the taste of home, and SOFA College is also here so many of my friends with children can send their children for class mengaji/KAFA. This is also the same mosque/community place where my husband and I go for solat raya.
Masjid Sofa London
Kelas Mengaji Sofa London (Quranic and Islamic classes)
Based on the interview, Nurul mentioned there are a few places that reminds her of her Malaysian food. Although she didn't specify the names of the Malaysian restaurant, we did our own research and hereby will be listing 8 cafes or restaurant that will be as good as the original Malaysian taste.
For those of you who doesn't know much about Malaysia food, Malaysia is a heaven for food. People eat here 24/7 and in Malaysia, you can get varieties of food in Malaysia.
1. Satay House.- 13 Sale Place, Edgware Road, Paddington, London W2
2. Melur Malaysian Restaurant - 175A Edgware Road, Paddington, London W2 1ET
Ayam Halia by Melur
3. Tukdin - Address: 41 Craven Rd, Bayswater, London W2 3BX
4. WARISAN CAFÉ LONDON - Basement, 190 Sussex Gardens, Tyburnia, London W2 1TU
5. Normah’s - Normahs 23-25 Queensway | Queensway Market, London W2 4QJ, England (Notting Hill) , +44 7771 630828
6. Dapur - 13 Lamb's Conduit Passage, Holborn, London WC1R 4RH, United Kingdom
7. Makan café - 270 Portobello Road, London W10 5TY, United Kingdom
Thank you Nurul for the short sharing done. At least now we are looking forward to try all these halal Malaysia food while we are in London soon.