We are given a chance to interview one of customer, a half Malaysian who is married to a Londoner and has been living in London for nearly 8 years. Her name is Nurul Sofia Ain Matsumotto.
This is our second interview with #MuslimAroundTheWorldGlobal and we got two information from her that we believe we should be sharing here.
Please tell us a little bit about yourself:
I have been living in London for nearly 8 years, whereby I completed my BSc and MSc.
Are you originally from Asia (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh) or any parts of the world.
I am originally from Malaysia (half Malaysian).
How do you lead your life as a Muslim there? Is it easy for you to perform your prayers anywhere you go?
I find it easy to live my life as Muslim in UK, because even in the major grocery stores (eg Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrison) have a halal meat section. There are also many Malaysian restaurant (mainly in Paddington, Notting Hill, and Acton if I miss the taste of home, and SOFA College is also here so many of my friends with children can send their children for class mengaji/KAFA. This is also the same mosque/community place where my husband and I go for solat raya.
Masjid Sofa London
Kelas Mengaji Sofa London (Quranic and Islamic classes)
Based on the interview, Nurul mentioned there are a few places that reminds her of her Malaysian food. Although she didn't specify the names of the Malaysian restaurant, we did our own research and hereby will be listing 8 cafes or restaurant that will be as good as the original Malaysian taste.
For those of you who doesn't know much about Malaysia food, Malaysia is a heaven for food. People eat here 24/7 and in Malaysia, you can get varieties of food in Malaysia.
1. Satay House.- 13 Sale Place, Edgware Road, Paddington, London W2
2. Melur Malaysian Restaurant - 175A Edgware Road, Paddington, London W2 1ET
Ayam Halia by Melur
3. Tukdin - Address: 41 Craven Rd, Bayswater, London W2 3BX
4. WARISAN CAFÉ LONDON - Basement, 190 Sussex Gardens, Tyburnia, London W2 1TU
5. Normah’s - Normahs 23-25 Queensway | Queensway Market, London W2 4QJ, England (Notting Hill) , +44 7771 630828
6. Dapur - 13 Lamb's Conduit Passage, Holborn, London WC1R 4RH, United Kingdom
7. Makan café - 270 Portobello Road, London W10 5TY, United Kingdom
8. Selesa Restaurant Kensington –18, 30 Lexham Gardens, Kensington, London W8 5JE, United Kingdom, +44 20 7341 7099
Thank you Nurul for the short sharing done. At least now we are looking forward to try all these halal Malaysia food while we are in London soon.