Allah has given the Muslim community an opportunity to meet at certain times such as the 5 daily prayers, Friday prayers and also the two Eids.
Malaysia is blessed to have been introduced to Islam since the 12th Century by the Indian traders.
Looking back at the history, we are listing 14 old mosques in Malaysia that has wonderful history. However, although Islam came in the 12th Century, the oldest mosque recorded in Malaysia is the Masjid Kampung Laut, Kelantan which was built in the 18th Century.
1. Masjid Kampung Laut, Kelantan
2. Masjid Kampung Hulu Melaka
3. Ubudiah Mosque, Perak
4. Masjid Abidin, Terengganu
- Kapitan Keling Mosque – Penang
6. Masjid Syiekh Ismail, Selangor
7. Masjid Jamek Seremban, negeri Sembilan
8. Sultan Abu Bakar State Mosque, Johore - 1892 and 1900
9. Masjid Melayu Lebuh Acheh, pulau pinang – 1808
10. Masjid Negeri, Pahang (1888)
11. Sandakan Jamek Mosque , 1890
12. Sultan Abdul Samad Jamek Mosque, Kuala Lumpur, 1909
13. Masjid Lama Negeri Sarawak, 1847