I was reading the Quran and it hit me that there are many times we did utter the names of Allah such as “Rahman” Rahim” “Aziz” “Hakim” and many more to be precise. Besides that we will also be uttering “Azeem” and “Aqla” during our daily and sunnat prayers.
MasyaAllah. I can feel how lost I was for the past many years for not knowing what I have been reciting.
Being in Malaysia whereby Arab is not the main language, most of us learn the deen from our schools and parents and some Ustaz when we were small.
We have been taught to learn and make progression in the secular studies. We have been taught that to be successful, we all need to be excellent in the academic. Yes, this is what has been happening in Malaysia.
So now at 30 years old, I have always asked and make dua so that Allah give me guidance and share with me the things that I should know.
I just realised that 99 Names of Allah is such beautiful and knowing His character will increase the understanding of who the Creator is. That is the journey of a slave towards attaining the pleasure of the King of Al-Alamin.
Knowing that if I really put the effort in knowing His names, InsyaAllah I will be able to memorise and have the believe that Allah will be with me. I would like to share the journey with the readers on the second part of learning the 99 names of Allah later on.
I read somewhere whereby “if a person occupies himself with learning about Allah, he is doing what he was created for, but if he ignores the matter, he is neglecting what he was created for.”
Now I am beginning to understand what is Faith as faith without knowing means we are just following something blindly and how can we attain the sweetness of iman if we don’t make effort to understand who is Allah through his Names and Attributes. The more we learns about Allah, the more we can increase in faith.
My steps of learning the names will be as follows:
- Break it into 9 segments. Each segments contains 10 names (minus Allah) .
- Listen to the Asma-Ul-Husna while doing the work
- Keep on looking at the printed 99 names and start to memorize
- Make dua to Allah so that Allah can ease the memorization
- Arrahman 2. Arrohim 3. Al-Malik 4. Al-Quddus 5. Assalam 6. Al-Mu'min 7. Al-Muhaimin 8. Al-Aziz 9. Al-Jabbar 10. Al-Muttakabir
- Al-Khaliq 12. Al-Baari 13. Al-Mushawir 14. Al-Ghaffar 15. Al-Qahar 16. Al-Wahab 17. Ar-Razaq 18. Al-Fattah 19. Al-A'lim 20. Al-Qobidh
- Al-Basith 22. Al-Khaafith 23. Ar-Rafi 24. Al-Mu'iz 25. Al-Mundzil 26. As-Samiy 27. Al-Bashir 28. Al-Hakam 29. Al-A'dl 30. Al-Latiif
- Al-Khabir 32. Al-Haliim 33. Al-A'dzim 34. Al-Ghafur 35. As-Syakuur 36. Al-A'liy 37. Al-Kabiir 38. Al-Khafiidz 39. Al-Muqiit 40. Al-Hasiib
- Al-Jaliil 42. Al-Kariim 43. Ar-raqib 44. Al-Mujiib 45. Al-Waasi' 46. Al-Hakiim 47. Al-Waduud 48. Al-Majiid 49. Al-Baa'Its 50. As-Syahid
- Al-Haqqu 52. Al-Wakil 53. Al-Qowiiy 54. Al-Matiin 55. Al-Walii 56. Al-Hamiid 57. Al-Muhshi 58. Al-Mubdii 59. Al-Mu'id 60. Al-Muhyi
- Al-Mumiit 62. Al-hayyu 63. Al-Qoyyum 64. Al-Wajid 65. Al-Maajid 66. Al-Wahid 67. Ahad 68. Ashamad 69. Al-Qaadir 70. Al-Muqtadir
- Al-Muqoddim 72. Al-Muakhir 73. Al-Awal 74. Al-Aakhir 75. Adzohir 76. Al-Bathin 77. Al-Waali 78. Al-Muta'ali 79. Al-Bar 80. Attawwab
- Al-Muntaqim 82. Al-A'fuw 83. Arra Uf 84. Maalikul Mulk 85. Dzaljalali wal ikhram 86. Al-Muqsith 87. Al-Jaami' 88. Al-Ganii 89. Al-Mugni 90. Al-Maani'
- Adhaar 92. Annafi 93. Annur 94. Al-Haadi 95. Al-Badii 96. Al-Baaqi 97. Al-Waarist 98. Arrasyiid 99. Ashabuur