Our planet has hundreds of countries in it. As of today, it is said that there are almost two hundred countries. Can you believe it? With roughly two hundred countries, it is safe to say that most of us do not know most of the countries that exist in this world of ours. Some of the countries are super tiny and some are super big. There are countries that are extremely well known to all while there are some countries that are not even known by all.
In this post we would like to share with our readers some of the greatest Muslim countries that are suitable for Muslims to visit and we think that Muslims all around the world should go visit these exotic places. This list of ours would not just contain the fantastic Muslim travel countries but it would also contain some Muslim-friendly travel countries. What we mean by muslim friendly is that these countries may not be a Muslim country or that they might not have the highest muslim population but they are accepting and kind to muslim tourists that do go travel to their countries.
Here are the top 20 countries Muslims should go travel to:
- Iran – most would think that Iran isn’t a safe place to travel but surprisingly, Iran is a peaceful country. Plus, it has so many interesting sites to see.
- Morocco – it is ranked 11th in the list of world’s largest muslim population. The people are all very friendly.
- Turkey – Turkey is the home of some enchanting landscapes. It is also the 7th largest Muslim population.
- Jordan – it has many historical sightseeing spots like Petra and the Dead Sea. As you visit these places, you would also learn a few things about Islamic history.
- Maldives – this is the place for newlyweds to go to for their honeymoon considering how romantic and exotic it is. Maldives has numerous breathtaking beaches and snorkeling sites. The natives are Sunni Muslims.
- Sri Lanka – although it has other religions besides Islam such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Chrsitianity but not to worry, there is about 10 percent of muslims in sri lanka. So, halal food is easily available there. the footprint of Prophet Adam is also a great tourist attraction.
- Kazakhstan – the majority of people there are Muslims. It has beautiful sceneries and classic muslim locations.
- Oman – it has about 88 percent of Muslims there. If you do go to Oman for the holidays, be sure to check out the Royal Opera House.
- Uzbekistan – it is where Sufism Islam is practiced. It is the land of history.
- Egypt – one of the most famous countries in the world. When we mention Egypt, the first thing that pops into our minds are the Pyramids, the Sphinx and the Nile River. Egypt is a must see!
- Algeria – Just like Morocco and Turkey, Algeria is also ranked in the list of largest Muslim population. It is placed at number 9th.
- Xian, China – if you are a die-hard fan of Chinese culture and looking to experience China wholeheartedly, then go to Xian. The people are accepting of Muslims.
- Kazan, Russia – if you visit Kazan, please go see the mosques over there. They have some delightful Muslim architectures.
- Spain – surprisingly, spain is the home of at least 2 million muslims.
- India – the 2nd largest Muslim population.
- Kyrgyzstan – to all you nature lovers, this is the place for you!
- Zanzibar, Tanzania – the majority of natives there are muslims. Hence, halal food and mosques can be found everywhere.
- Indonesia – the number one in the list of largest muslim population. The active volcanoes are a must see.
- Singapore – Although muslims are a minority here but it embraces multiculturalism.
- Malaysia – Yes, our country is also an awesome country to visit. Halal food, Islamic museums and mosques are available in Malaysia. Plus, the twin towers are an attraction too.
Article is written by:
Nur Jazima Binti Abdul Aziz, freelance writer of this blog at Zaahara. Interests include blog writing, academic writing and creative writing.
-Photos are taken from google images
© 2016 Zaahara Ventures Sdn. Bhd.