The dUCk Scarves is one of the exclusive scarves brands in Malaysia. It is so famous for its distinct design and high-quality scarves that its Instagram page @theduckgroup has more than two-hundred thousand followers. Its followers are of course not only locals but also from other countries in the world. Pictures and videos posted on @theduckgroup is narrated by D. Fans and followers get to the voice of dUCk tell stories of her life.
But who is this D person? Her identity is a mystery to all. D has never revealed who she is. She is a faceless and nameless persona that narrates dUCk scarves. Is it really a she in the first place? Well, there are a few facts about D that she has revealed to her followers while she narrates. We know for certain that D is indeed a female, she even admitted it on a note she wrote on dUCkscarves.com. So, let’s see how well we know her.
- She is in her twenties and is single. Her mother and friends always help match-make her with random single men but D is very busy with her work life. She has difficulties in trying to keep up with her work life, let alone have a boyfriend and a personal life. D enjoys relaxing and taking it easy on her days off work.
- She used to study in the UK and have travelled to many places before. She once visited Paris while she was on her study break.
- She lives alone in an apartment in the city of Kuala Lumpur. She also has her own car which she purchased by herself.
- She has a cat that goes by the name of Snowy. Obviously, her cat is white as snow; hence, its name. D also love to collect notebooks.
- She has two best friends named Hannah and Carey. D loves to spend time with her friends. That is how she maintains her social life. Hannah and Carey’s identities are also kept a mystery.
- Her actual and full name has never been mentioned. All of her postings on @theduckgroup will be signed off with only a D. She is called the D in dUCkscarves due to that.
- She is faceless. No one has ever seen her face because she does not post any pictures of herself on the Instagram page.
- She is most probably a Muslim. She has mentioned once that she wishes to go on a holiday trip after Eid celebrations. One can assume that she is a Muslim because she chose to prioritize Eid first, then only go on a vacation.
- She has expressed her love towards pastel-coloured scarves but the colour blue is still her favourite and her weakness.
- She is definitely weight-cautious and enjoys living a healthy life. D would also advise her followers to do the same.
All these listed facts are what makes D so relatable to her followers. However, the real question is, is D real or fictional? Fans would make assumptions that D might be the founder of dUCkscarves herself, Vivy Yusof. But Vivy has previously denied such things and claimed that D is actually her faceless business partner. It does not matter if D is real or not. What matters the most is how cool D is. Fans just seem to adore her narrations and without D, dUCkscarves would not be a hit.
Article is written by:
Nur Jazima Binti Abdul Aziz, freelance writer of this blog at Zaahara. Interests include blog writing, academic writing and creative writing.
-Photos are taken from google images
© 2016 Zaahara Ventures Sdn. Bhd.